Posted 4 months ago
Dark Chocolate Cherry Granola Bars Recipe
Have snack that not satisfies that sweet tooth but also has health benefits. Dark Chocolate is known to have a powerful source of antioxidants, improves blood flow, its loaded with soluble fiber and minerals, and last but not least it can improve brain function.
Dark Chocolate Cherry Granola Bars
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- 2 cups oats old fashioned or quick-cooking
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder regular works too
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips I used Ghirardelli baking chips
- optional: extra dried tart cherries and dark chocolate chips – for sprinkling on top before baking
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse together dried tart cherries, oats, walnuts, flax seed meal and salt until finely chopped, roughly the consistency of sand.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, cocoa powder and vanilla until smooth. Add the oats mixture to the bowl and stir until evenly coated with the chocolate honey mixture.
- Add dark chocolate chips to the bowl and stir again. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and spread out in an even layer.
- Sprinkle additional tart cherries and chocolate chips on top before baking 20-25 minutes.
- Let bars cool completely before slicing.
While the bars will taste delicious warm or room temperature, they slice best when chilled in the refrigerator 3 hours or up to overnight.
Wrap individually in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 36.6g | Protein: 6.5g | Fat: 10.2g | Saturated Fat: 1.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8.9g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 214mg | Fiber: 3.9g | Sugar: 22.1g
Printable version here.