Effective Date: August 13 , 2021
What information we collect & how we collect your information
As addressed in more detail below in the description of how personal information collected, we collect the following categories of personal information:
Identifiers (e.g., name, contact information including email address, username, password, online and device IDs);
- Employment-related information;
- Demographic information (e.g. date of birth and gender);
- Geographic information;
- Health information (e.g., personal or family medical history and insurance information, insurance provider, and type of insurance);
- Other information such as billing information and religious affiliation); and
- Inferences regarding preferences or other characteristics
We may collect your information in the following ways:
- Directly from you. When you voluntarily share your information with us or Your Content, we will collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide, including in the following contexts:
- when you register for a user account or create a user profile we may collect your name, contact information, username, password, and additional information you share on your account, profile, or registration form;
- when you send us an email, communicate with us through our interactive services such as during a chat session in our patient portal, or otherwise contact us, we may collect your name, contact information, and any other Personal Information you share in the communications you send;
- when you sign up to receive newsletters and other updates, or subscribe to our podcasts or news feeds, we may collect your email address and other information about your device or operating system;
- when you register for an event we may collect your contact and other information necessary to reserve your space at specific events;
- when you apply for a job using our online application we may collect your name, contact information and employment information included in your application;
- when you complete a cancer risk questionnaire or request a consultation or appointment we may collect your name, contact information, date of birth, gender, geographic location, personal or family medical history, insurance information, and other health information;
- when you request to verify your insurance coverage we may collect your name, contact information, insurance provider, type of insurance, and additional information to verify your information;
- when you request information about an ICRC location or about clinical trials we may collect your contact information, general geographic location, and information about your inquiry;
- when you donate we may collect some information about your donation, name, contact information, and billing information; and
- When you post information publicly. Certain features of the Services allow you to publicly share with or communicate Your Content to ICRC and other ICRC users. For instance, you may post comments, share images, or start a discussion on several of our Services, which will display publicly once submitted. We cannot control the actions of other users of our Services with whom you choose to share Your Content. We recommend that you carefully consider whether to disclose your Personal Information in any public posting or forum.
- We collect information from you automatically when you use our Services. When you navigate the Services, we and our vendors may collect Usage Information through a variety of technical methods, including Cookies and Web Beacons, and other technologies (collectively, “Data Collection Technologies”). For more information about how we use Data Collection Technologies, please see the section titled “Data Collection Technologies” below. To learn how to exercise your choices about Data Collection Technologies, please see the section titled “Your Choices.”
- From third parties.
- We may collect your information from sources other than you, such as from your friends and family and certain service providers. For example, a friend or family member may contact us on your behalf for information about our Services or refer you to our Services. If you provide ICRC with Personal Information pertaining to someone other than yourself, you must have that person’s consent to share his or her Personal Information with us or otherwise contact us on that person’s behalf.
- Through social media.
- We may collect your Personal Information and/or Usage Information if you connect to us through social media. The Personal Information and Usage Information we collect will depend on your privacy settings for that social media.
- When you share Your Content publicly, you share it at your own risk. If you choose not to provide us with your Personal Information, you may still be able to access and use some of our Services. Note, however, that certain features of our Services that require your information may not be accessible to you.
How we may use your information
We use information about you to operate the Sites and to deliver the content and services you request. In addition, we may use information about you for other lawful purposes, including to:
- Facilitate, manage, personalize and improve your online experience;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, provide customer service, send you informational notices, and contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information;
- Manage your online account(s), including purchases, orders, payments, returns, and exchanges;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, coupons, newsletters, and events and provide information we think will be of interest to you;
- Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys about current services or of potential new services;
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm; and
- Send you advertisements and communicate with you regarding services, products, and events we think may interest you (for information about how to manage e-mail communications, see Your Choices below).
Data collection technologies
For more information on how Google uses information from sites or apps, visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en-GB&gl=uk and for further information on Google Analytics, visit https://support.google.com/analytics. For information on how Scripts Octane uses information, visit https://www.scrippsoctane.com/privacy-policy/. For information on how Constant Contact uses information, visit https://endurance.clarip.com/privacycenter/?brand=ctct.
Although most browsers and devices accept Cookies and other Data Collection Technologies by default, their settings usually allow you to clear or decline Cookies. If you disable Cookies, some of the features of our Services may not function properly.
- Interest Based Advertising: We may use vendors to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These advertising vendors may collect (through the use of Data Collection Technologies) information about your visits to and interactions with our Services. In addition, our vendors may also use the information about your visits to other websites to target advertisements for any products and services available from us. ICRC will not serve targeted advertisements related specifically to cancer. Our targeted advertisements are meant to target your general health- and wellness-related interests, such as health, exercise, and nutritional information. We also may serve general advertisements about ICRC and our treatment programs.
- Third Party Advertising: We may use third-party features (e.g., social media sharing tools) or otherwise allow third parties to collect information about your use of the Services. We do not control how such third parties process information. To learn more about how to opt out of interest-based advertising that may be supported by third-party activities, please visit the “Your Choices” section below.
How we may share information
We may permit our agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers to access information collected through the Sites to carry out work on our behalf. This includes a third-party service provider that assists us with processing credit card payments when purchases are made through the Sites. These third party service providers are prohibited from using Personal Information obtained in this manner for any purpose(s) other than to provide the services we have engaged them to perform. We also may share your information:
- To perform statistical analysis, send you e-mail or postal mail, or provide customer support;
- With our business partners, affiliates, and other third parties for purposes of sending their own marketing;
- With our affiliates for internal business purposes;
- If we are required to do so by law, regulation, or legal process (such as in response to a court order or subpoena);
- To fulfill requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities;
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or
- To enforce our policies, or protect rights, property, or safety.
We also may share your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale, or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or any transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company. We reserve the right to transfer any information we obtain through the Sites in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, reorganization, or liquidation).
Your preferences about how we use your information are important to us and, when possible, we aim to honor them. We offer the following rights that you can exercise with regard to your Personal Information.
- Access and modify your Personal Information. You may contact us using the information below to request access to or modification of the Personal Information we maintain about you.
- Opt out of marketing and other communications. You can request to manage marketing and certain other communications such as our newsletters and certain other notifications by calling us using the information below or the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails.
- Managing Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies. Regular cookies generally may be disabled or removed using tools available as part of most commercial browsers. In some instances, a browser may include settings that allow you to preemptively block cookies from being placed on your computer. Please be aware that if you disable or remove cookies and similar technologies, some parts of the Sites may not work properly. Also, if you revisit the Sites from a different computer or using a different browser, you may not be able to limit browser-based Tracking Technologies in the same way.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on, visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
- Google has additional information available about its Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, Policies and Restrictions.
- Google has additional information available about its Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, Policies and Restrictions.
- Analytics Services and Interest-Based Ads. The Sites use third-party web analytics services, such Google Analytics, to help us analyze how visitors use the Sites.
How we protect your information
The security of Personal Information is important to us. We use reasonable safeguards aimed to protect against unauthorized use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the Personal Information we collect and maintain. You should keep in mind, however, that no data transmitted over the Internet is 100% secure and any information disclosed online can potentially be collected and used by parties other than the intended recipient. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our Services.
This site is intended for adults age 18 and older. It is not intended for or designed to attract people under the age of 18. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know to be under the age of 18.
Third party links and services
How to contact us
Ironwood Cancer & Research Centers
Attn: Chief Compliance Officer
P.O. Box 6423
Chandler, AZ 85246