Posted 6 months ago
Easy Vegan Omelet
– 1/4 cup silken tofu
– 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
– 1 cup water, divided
– 1/2 cup garbanzo (chickpea) flour
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 Teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
– 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. In the vase of a blender put the silken tofu, 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 1/2 the water. Blitz until well blended and smooth.
2. Add the garbanzo flour, the baking powder, the smoked paprika and the salt. Blend until there are no lumps. The batter will be thick. Add enough of the remaining water to make it the consistency of heavy cream.
3. Heat a non-stick skillet or omelet pan over a medium high flame. When hot, grease with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Pour on 1/4 of the batter and quickly swirl and spread it round into a disc as you would a pancake or an omelet. Cook until you start to see little bubbles appear all over the top.
4. Add any fillings you may be thinking of using on one half of omelet. Flip the other side over it with a spatula. Let it cook for 1 minute then flip it over. Cook one minute more.
Supportive Care Services Department
Areas Brenda has managed include pediatric and neonatal intensive care units where she was responsible for individualizing therapeutic diets and alternate nutrition support based on specific metabolic needs, medical conditions, and cultural preferences.
Her passion for nutrition was developed at a young age and reared by her grandmother who always instilled the importance of a healthy diet and active lifestyle. When her grandmother became ill, Brenda became aware of the impact nutrition plays in disease prevention and maintaining overall mind and body health.