Posted 2 years ago
Raspberry Dark Chocolate Energy Bites
These Raspberry Dark Chocolate Energy Bites are deliciously filling and laced with the bold flavor of raspberries and shards of dark chocolate. They make the perfect gluten-free, paleo, and vegan snack or treat. From
- 1⅓ cup raw cashews, can also use almonds
- ¼ cup (64g) cashew butter, if using almonds, use almond butter instead
- 2 tablespoons (25g) coconut oil
- 4 pitted Medjool dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes if they aren’t soft
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup freeze-dried raspberries, lightly crushed
- 1½ ounces (about ⅓ cup) chopped dark chocolate
- In the bowl of a food processor or a high-powered blender, combine all of the ingredients except for the freeze-dried raspberries. Pulse for about 1-2 minutes, until the mixture starts to break down. It will first become powdery and will stick together, but still be crumbly.
- Keep processing until the oils start to release a bit and the mixture sticks together easily – just be careful not to over process or you’ll have nut butter. If your mixture seems a little dry, you can use a little extra coconut oil to help it come together.
- Once the mixture is sticking together well, pulse in the crushed freeze-dried raspberries and dark chocolate, just to incorporate them. You can also stir them in if the mixture seems too thick.
- Use a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon scoop to divide the mixture into equal pieces. Use your hands to roll into balls and place on a plate or in a storage container.
- Store in an airtight container or a zip-top bag in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freezer for 3 months.