Posted 3 weeks ago
Eat Well, Live Well – Almond Nog
– 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
– 2 large egg yolks
– 1 Tbsp honey
– ½ tsp. vanilla extract
– ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
1. Place almond milk, egg yolks, honey, extract, and nutmeg in blender; cover. Blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Heat eggnog mixture in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes, or just before mixture starts to boil. Mixture will be frothy at first and then will slightly thicken.
3. Strain almond milk through a fine mesh strainer (or cheese cloth) before serving.
4. Eggnog can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Supportive Care Services Department
Areas Brenda has managed include pediatric and neonatal intensive care units where she was responsible for individualizing therapeutic diets and alternate nutrition support based on specific metabolic needs, medical conditions, and cultural preferences.
Her passion for nutrition was developed at a young age and reared by her grandmother who always instilled the importance of a healthy diet and active lifestyle. When her grandmother became ill, Brenda became aware of the impact nutrition plays in disease prevention and maintaining overall mind and body health.