Posted 3 weeks ago
Eat Well, Live Well – Roasted Green Beans Almondine
– 1 pound fresh green beans– with the ends trimmed off
– 3 tbsp olive oil– or other preferred high heat oil for roasting, like sunflower oil
– 4 tbsp sliced almonds
– 2 tsp minced garlic
– 1 tbsp lemon zest
– salt and pepper– to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F, and place the cleaned and trimmed green beans on a large rimmed baking sheet.
2. Then, drizzle the oil over the green beans. Sprinkle the top with sliced almonds, minced garlic, lemon zest, salt and black pepper. Toss to coat thoroughly.
3. Next, spread the green beans out in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast in the oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until soft but still a bit firm.